The Craftsman Home Remodeling blog has been nominated as Best Remodeling Blogger in the 2010 JDR Industry Blogger Awards! Please vote for us here today!
Below are questions I have received since starting the construction and this web site. I have tried my best to answer them. Please feel free to comment and rate them, and ask me any other questions you may have.
- What tile did you use in your master bedroom fireplace and kitchen?
- How did you handle asbestos removal in your older home?
- Can you give me a cost breakdown for the job?
- Can you recommend a siding contractor?
- What was the cost of your remodel?
- How do you like your soapstone? Has it scratched much? How often do you oil it?
- What are the costs of doing plaster vs drywall? Do you have any preference between the two?
- What kind of soapstone did you use?
- I would like any input you would be willing to give me regarding saving money. I have a budget.
- How's the steam shower working? Are you glad you installed one? Can you use it with and without steam?
- I plan on putting pyramid-style columns on the front porch but am unsure of the dimensions. I noticed that you have these type of columns on your rear porch and was wondering if you could tell me the dimensions?
- I would like to know about the supports you had installed for your counter overhang.
- Who is the manufacturer of the front door and where can I purchase it?
- What window company did you use?
- Did you use Seagrass limestone in addition to your soapstone? If so, can you please comment on how practical it has been to live with in a working/real kitchen in terms of staining and marking?